Wednesday 22 June 2016

Assassin's Creed Creator Hasn't Played a Ubisoft Game in Years

Patrice Desilets, the creator of Assassin's Creed who has a sorted past with Ubisoft, hasn't played a game from the publisher since 2012. He revealed this in an interview with Edge Magazine, where he admitted to being "too personal" (via VideoGamer).

"I'm not a good person to ask about how I feel about Ubisoft games," he said. "I haven't played an Ubisoft game since 2012. I played the first two hours of Assassin's Creed III, and that was it.

"With all due respect, I love Ubisoft very much, but I cannot see their logo on my TV screen. It feels too personal. This is my flaw. I'm too personal."

With the history between the developer and publisher, it's not surprising to hear that he has problems with seeing the company's logo. Desilets left for THQ Montreal halfway through Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood's development.

He was later brought back to Ubisoft in 2013 when THQ went bankrupt and Ubisoft acquired both THQ Montreal and the rights to Desilets's new game, 1666: Amsterdam. Desilets left soon after, then sued Ubisoft for $400,000 and the rights to purchase 1666. The suit was settled this year with the rights to 1666 going to Desilets.

Desilets started his own studio after leaving Ubisoft, and his first game, titled Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey, is a third-person survival game based on certain points in human history.



from GameSpot http://www.gamespot.com/articles/assassins-creed-creator-hasnt-played-a-ubisoft-gam/1100-6441160/

No comments:

Post a Comment